Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting Wednesday

I am going to start posting about a different "waiting" child from Reeces Rainbow every Wednesday. I spent a long time going through the waiting children trying to decide who to post about. There are just so many. It's so easy to be overwelmed and think that 'little old you' can't make a difference but, I always think of this quote.

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”

-Hellen Keller


After much debate, I decided to go with Anthony. Anthony is one of the little ones I have been thinking about for a long time.. one of my "favorites", if you will. He was born in 2005 so he is just a little bit younger than my oldest daughter. Anthony has Cerebral Palsy and also tested positive for TB. Here is what his profile on RR says.


Anthony (25)
BOY, born August 16, 2005

Anthony has blonde hair and brown eyes. He struggles with the effects of CP, and has also tested positive for TB.

From his medical records: Spastic tetraparesis, motor disorders, convergent squint, hip dysplasia, anemia

His muscles are very tight, and he will need significant amounts of therapy. He is not able to sit by himself, and is dependent on his care givers for just about everything. He has a secondary myocardiopathy as well. Quite a laundry list for such a darling boy ;(( Anthony will be sent to a mental institution, and will remain bedridden the rest of his short life. He is blessed to still be living at the baby house, but he will be transferred in the Spring. Please give Anthony a chance to know a loving, supportive family! Don’t let him end up another statistic

SIGNIFICANT RISK, PLEASE ADOPT ME SOON!!


Anthony has a HUGE amount of money in his adoption fund. $20,012.19. That is almost fully funded!
Are you Anthony's Mommy or Daddy?

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! We can all do something, no matter how big or small! He's a real cutie,can't wait to meet more of the rainbow kids.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!